GSI Partner: VCF Adoption Accelerator
CAL+Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered in partnership between the VMware Center for Advanced Learning (CAL) and VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the GSI Partner: VCF Adoption Accelerator course is developed to help Enterprise, Solution and Technical Architects build confidence and hands on experience around VMware Cloud Foundation. This Workshop empowers technical professionals to focus on an infrastructure-based solution and exposes the learner to the broad base of cloud deployments and challenges in the context of workload mobility and stretch clusters. Learning objectives are met using deep-dive labs, expert to expert discussions, and experience-based knowledge sharing.
- Systems Engineers
- Technical Consultants
- Cloud Platforms Architects
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Solution and Enterprise Architects
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 60% lecture, 40% workshops and labs
Five (5) days of instructor-led classroom training
VMware Cloud Foundation: Plan, Manage, and Operate [v4.x or v5.0 Beta]
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware GSI Partners.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device (tablet) is recommended but not required for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- It is recommended you bring a dongle to connect to an external monitor if attending in-person.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The GSI Partner: VCF Adoption Accelerator Workshop aims to prepare VMware Partners to successfully articulate the value proposition, architect, design, and deliver solutions focused infrastructures involving VMware Cloud Foundation. Course material is formatted to challenge the attendee to design and then deploy a stretch cluster VCF platform, complete with the vRealize Suite, HCX, NSX Federation and Site Recovery. Individuals will exit this Workshop with the confidence necessary to successfully configure an integrated cloud infrastructure platform in a customer production environment.
By the end of the Workshop you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand value proposition of VCF and alignment to customer use cases
- Understand the importance of the Planning and Preparation Workbook
- Automation of infrastructure deployment with the SDDC Manager API
- Understand VCF post deployment configuration challenges, and how to deliver a fully automated solution
- Design a secure VCF infrastructure and deploy the solution
- Understand the complexities and available automation for VMware Validated Solutions
- Understand the challenges inherent in cross solution integrations
- Review and understand workload mobility strategies
- Consider technical benefits of NSX federation in a stretch cluster VCF design
- Consider how Site Recoverability can support a highly available VCF based private cloud
The Workshop will focus on the following areas:
- Understand VCF Business Value Proposition
- Discuss architectural considerations pertinent to VCF
- Evaluate solution blueprints and alignment to customer use cases
- Management and Workload Domain considerations
- Stretch Cluster design and configuration
- NSX-T Edge Cluster / AVN configuration automation
- Leveraging automation to create reusable building blocks for faster deployments in the future
- Integrated Authentication and Governance Automation vRealize Suite Deployment and Configuration
- Cross-Solution Integrations
- Exploring Day X Operations opportunities
- Workload Mobility considerations using HCX and VCF Upgrade implications
- NSX Federation design and configuration in the context of stretch clusters
- Design concepts of an integrated monitoring and observability infrastructure utilizing VCF
- Where VCF fits into VMware’s “multi-cloud vision”
- What’s new in the world of VCF, and what is on the horizon?