Virtual Livefire Solutions:Run Kubernetes with vSphere 7
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
- Systems Engineers
- Consulting Architects
- Instructor-led online
- 30% lecture, 70% hands on lab
Two hours of instructor-led lecture followed by approximately 5 hours of hands-on lab time.
- Containers and Kubernetes fundamentals: https://kube.academy/
- VMware NSX-T: Install, Configure, Manage [2.4] Class
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7] –after availability
This session is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
Virtual Livefire aims to bring the same classroom experience of an on-site Livefire class to online attendees. It consists of individual deep-dive sessions taken from current Livefire curriculum about advanced topics and integrations. Each session consistsof a lecture and a custom Livefire hands-on lab designed to simulate a real-world customer use case and implementation.
The Run Kubernetes with vSphere 7session is a full-day event, in which the Livefire team will reveal how VMware has leveraged Kubernetes to rearchitect vSphere and extend its capabilities to all modern and traditional applications. You will define and deploy applications leveraging cloud-native components andexplore the integration between vSphere 7 w/ Kubernetes (formerly Project Pacific) and NSX-T;to unify the control of computing, network, and storage resources.You will gain insight into how the VMware enterprise-ready Kubernetes runtime Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, satisfies the demands of the developers’ community through a new self-service model.
The lecture is approximately 2 hours and covers the following topics:
- Review of vSphere 7 w/ Kubernetes architecture, components, and concepts
- Overview of the Tanzu Kubernetes Grid(TKG)service for vSphere 7
- Details on vSphere 7 w/ Kubernetes network and security architecture
- IntroductiononCloud Native Storage provisioned with vSphere 7 w/ Kubernetes
- Integrated container registry forvSphere 7 w/ Kubernetes,provided by Harbor
- The lab isapproximately 5hours and covers the following tasks:
- Review of the initial lab environment•Working with vSphere 7 w/ Kubernetes’clustersand namespaces
- Deploy containerized applications natively on vSphere 7 w/Kubernetes
- Exploring TKG cluster and application deployment
- Leverage Persistent Volumes with vSphere 7w/ Kubernetes
- Create your own TKG clusteron vSphere7w/ Kubernetes
- Implementationand usage of the Harbor integrated container registry