Virtual Livefire Solutions: NSX Cloud
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Virtual Livefire aims to bring the same classroom experience of an on-site Livefire class to online attendees. It consists of individual deep-dive sessions taken from current Livefire curriculum about advanced topics and integrations. Each session consists of a lecture and a custom Livefire hands-on lab designed to simulate a real-world customer use case and implementation.
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Network Virtualization Consultants
- Instructor-led online
- 30% lecture, 70% hands on lab
Two hours of instructor-led lecture followed by approximately 5 hours of hands-on lab time.
- VCP-NV Certification
- VMware NSX-T: Install, Configure, Manage [2.4] Class
- AWS Fundamentals
This session is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The Virtual Livefire Solutions: NSX Cloud session is a one-day event that covers networking and security solutions for tightly integrated application workloads running inside both the private Data Center and natively within the public cloud.
The lecture is approximately 2 hours and covers the following topics:
- Key Challenges with Hybrid Cloud environment
- NSX Cloud Overview and Architecture Deep Dive
- Supported Deployment Topologies
- Hybrid Overlay Support
- NSX Enforced vs Native Cloud Enforced Management Modes
- Advanced Network and Security Services
The lab is approximately 5 hours and covers the following tasks:
- Day 0 CSM Registration with NSX-T Manager
- Adding AWS Public Cloud Accounts to CSM
- Deploying ELB and EC2 Instances in AWS
- Deploying NSX Cloud Gateway in AWS Transit VPC
- Onboarding EC2 Instances in NSX Enforced Mode
- Enforcing Micro-segmentation on EC2 Instances
- Configuring Site-to-Site VPN Service
- Onboarding Compute VPC in Cloud-Native Enforced Mode
- Enforcing Cloud-Native Security Ruleset on Compute VPC EC2 Instances via NSX-T