NSX V2T Livefire: Migration Strategies & Scenarios Workshop
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the NSX V2T Livefire: Migration Strategies & Scenarios Workshop is part of a broader offering explicitly developed to assist VMware partners in building a Professional Services practice based on NSX solutions. The course is intended to equip attendees with the knowledge and skills necessary to plan and implement NSXv to NSX-T migrations. Following a scenario-based approach, students are tasked with migrating a multi-site NSXv deployment via different techniques. This NSX V2T Livefire course accelerates partner readiness by increasing confidence and competence through architectural overviews, design workshops, and hands-on exercises for:
- V2T Migration Planning
- V2T Migration Implementation
- Troubleshooting and Support
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Network Virtualization Consultants
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 50% lecture, 50% hands on lab
Two (2) days of instructor-led classroom training
- VCP-NV 2020 or later Certification
- NSX-T Livefire: Next Generation Cloud Networking Class
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Bring a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The NSX V2T Livefire: Migration Strategies & Scenarios Workshop aims to prepare VMware partners to successfully implement complex end-to-end NSXv to NSX-T migrations. Course material builds on the fundamental knowledge acquired from achieving the VCP-NV certification and shifts the focus to the challenges of real-world migrations and production-grade deployments. Attendees will learn how to properly assess an NSXv environment and propose the most effective migration strategy based on the current state and the new NSX-T solutions’ customer requirements. An extensive Multi-Site hands-on lab will guide the student through the multiple approaches available. The attendee will be able to appreciate the strengths, limitations, and challenges of the different strategies. Individuals will exit this course with the confidence and competence necessary to plan and implement successful NSXv to NSX-T migrations.
By the end of the course, you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Engage with a customer to assess their current NSXv environment
- Present the different migration strategies and explain their pros and cons
- Provide a recommendation for the most appropriate migration strategy and a detailed implementation plan
- Leverage NSX Migration Coordinator for In-Place and lift-and-shift migrations
- Evaluate NSXv topology and configuration changes when not supported by Migration Coordinator
- Identify the situations when the development of custom scripts is beneficial and viable
- Identify the conditions when the use of third-party tool should be considered
The course will focus on the following areas:
- Overview of the different NSXv to NSX-T Migration Strategies
- NSXv Cross-VC to NSX-T Multisite or Federation migrations
- In-Place Migration Lab
- Lift-and Shift Migration Lab
- Third-Party Tools for NSX V2T Migrations
- V2T migration planning scenario exercises