Virtual Livefire Solutions: NSX-T Integration with vRealize Automation
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Virtual Livefire aims to bring the same classroom experience of an on-site Livefire class to online attendees. It consists of individual deep-dive sessions taken from current Livefire curriculum about advanced topics and integrations. Each session consists of a lecture and a custom Livefire hands-on lab designed to simulate a real-world customer use case and implementation.
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Network Virtualization Consultants
- Instructor-led online
- 30% lecture, 70% hands on lab
Two hours of instructor-led lecture followed by approximately 5 hours of hands-on lab time.
- NSX-T Livefire: Next Generation Cloud
- VMware NSX-T: Install, Configure, Manage Class
This session is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The NSX-T and vRA session is a full-day event that covers the automation and orchestration capabilities of NSX-T, and its integration with vRealize Automation Cloud. vRealize Automation allows us to consume NSX-T constructs, as part of blueprint definitions, to create repeatable deployment configurations. In addition, we can consume Policy API, through Action Based Extensibility, to deliver capabilities not delivered natively through vRA Cloud.
The lecture is approximately 2 hours and covers the following topics:
- NSX-T Automation Landscape
- Policy API Review
- Policy API JSON Structures
- Automation Tools with NSX-T
- NSX-T and vRealize Automation
The lab is approximately 4 hours and covers the following tasks:
- Integrate vRA Cloud with an On-Prem vSphere deployment through creation of vRA Cloud specific constructs
- Create Network Profiles and other configuration to integrate vRA Cloud with an On-Prem NSX-T deployment
- Create a blueprint to consume existing NSX-T networking constructs e.g.
segments, security groups, load balancer
- Create a blueprint to consume on-demand routed NSX-T networking constructs
- Create a blueprint to consume on-demand outbound NSX-T networking
- Deploy an On-Prem ABX Proxy to support the use of Action Based Extensibility
- Create a python script to be consumed via ABX, to use Policy API to add a Load Balancer VIP to an existing security group