Multi-Cloud Livefire: Modern Application Dev & Ops Automation
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the Multi-Cloud Livefire: Modern Application Dev & Ops Automation course has been designed to help technical audiences build confidence and hands-on experience around VMware’s Modern Application Solutions, Services, and Operations, including the Tanzu portfolio. While demonstrating integrations of DevOps concepts, this class exposes an individual to the broad base of challenges one might face with Modern Application Design and Operations concepts. Learning objectives are met using deep-dive labs, expert to expert discussions, and experience-based knowledge sharing.
- Systems Engineers
- Cloud Native Platforms Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 30% lecture, 70% hands on labs
Five (5) days of instructor-led classroom training
- Containers and Kubernetes fundamentals: https://kube.academy/
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7]
- Fundamental Knowledge of DevOps
- Modern Apps development
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The Multi-Cloud Livefire: Modern Application Dev & Ops Automation course aims to prepare VMware customer-facing technical Consultants, Engineers, and Architects to successfully execute complex end-to-end projects using VMware’s Modern Application Services and Operations Solutions. Course material challenges the attendee to use DevOps concepts, tools, and practices in the deployment of cloud native applications. The intention is to simplify and speed up both Day 1 & 2 tasks using VMware’s comprehensive catalog.
Attendees will gain confidence to articulate the case for a DevOps focused approach to application development and implement a cloud native application using VMware’s Tanzu suite of solutions, combined with appropriate third-party services.
The class includes discussions, and deep dive labs to provide an end-to-end multi-cloud application delivery and management experience.
By the end of the course you will be able to meet the following outcomes:
- Articulate DevOps methodology, processes, and thinking patterns
- OpenSource alignment: ClusterAPI, Carvel tools, Packaging
- Gain insight into how Tanzu CLI leverages context-aware API-driven plugins
- Explore how Tanzu Application Platform helps deliver software faster, on a sustainable path-to-production, and coordinate the work of Dev & Ops
- Manage K8s clusters using Tanzu Mission Control and Policies
- Deploy cloud native applications using Tanzu Mission Control and Package Delivery
- Monitor CNAs using Tanzu Obserability with Distributed Tracing
- App Connectivity with CNIs, LoadBalancers and Ingress Controllers
- Deploy mesh enabled multi-cloud/multi-region applications
The course will focus on the following areas:
- Alignment with ClusterAPI model
- TAP productivity increases for both developers and operators
- Modern Application Observability and Analytics
- Managing a multi-cloud/multi-cluster Infrastructure
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid multi-cloud integration
- Antrea and NSX-ALB integrations
- Creating a multi-cloud Service Mesh
- Integrating Cloud Assembly, Service Broker and CodeStream with multi-cloud and third-party tooling
- Multi-cloud management and operations