Multi-Cloud Livefire: Modern Application Dev & Ops Automation
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the Multi-Cloud Livefire: Modern Application Dev & Ops Automation course has been designed to help technical audiences build confidence and hands-on experience around VMware’s Modern Application Solutions, Services, and Operations, including the Tanzu portfolio. While demonstrating integrations of DevOps concepts, this class exposes an individual to the broad base of challenges one might face with Modern Application Design and Operations concepts. Learning objectives are met using deep-dive labs, expert to expert discussions, and experience-based knowledge sharing.
- Systems Engineers
- Cloud Native Platforms Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 30% lecture, 70% hands on labs
Four (4) days of instructor-led classroom training
- Containers and Kubernetes fundamentals: https://kube.academy/
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7]
- Fundamental Knowledge of DevOps
- Modern Apps development
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The Multi-Cloud Livefire: Modern Application Dev & Ops Automation course aims to prepare VMware customer-facing technical Consultants, Engineers, and Architects to successfully execute complex end-to-end projects using VMware’s Modern Application Services and Operations Solutions. Course material challenges the attendee to use DevOps concepts, tools, and practices in the deployment of cloud native applications. The intention is to simplify and speed up both Day 1 & 2 tasks using VMware’s comprehensive catalog.
Attendees will gain confidence to articulate the case for a DevOps focused approach to application development and implement a cloud native application using VMware’s Tanzu suite of solutions, combined with appropriate third-party services.
The class includes discussions, and deep dive labs to provide an end-to-end multi-cloud application delivery and management experience.
By the end of the course, you will be able to meet the following outcomes:
- Embracing the updated ClusterAPI framework, and Packaging technology for a unified TKG experience
- Leveraging context-aware API-driven plugins with the unified Tanzu CLI
- Regulating Modern Applications Connectivity with CNIs and Ingress Controllers
- Deploying Cloud Native Applications using Tanzu Mission Control and Package Delivery
- Providing enhanced networking services with NSX Advanced Load Balancer (AVI) for Tanzu Kubernetes Grid
- Monitoring Cloud Native Applications using Tanzu Observability with Distributed Tracing
- Delivering software faster in a secure and sustainable path-to-production approach with Tanzu Application Platform
- Automating activities with Aria and Code Stream
The course will focus on the following areas:
- Revealing Cluster Class updated model for ClusterAPI managed Topologies with TKG
- NSX-ALB as an enhanced networking services provider with TKG
- Antrea and NSX-ALB integration scenarios
- Managing a multi-cloud/multi-cluster Infrastructure and Application deployments with TMC
- Modern Application Observability and Analytics with TO
- Providing a Secure Supply Chain with TAP
- Integrating Cloud Assembly, Service Broker and Code Stream with multi-cloud and third-party tooling