VCF Livefire: Architecture & Automation
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the VCF Livefire: Architecture & Automation course is developed to help technical audiences build confidence and hands on experience around VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware Cloud Services. This VCF Livefire course empowers technical professionals to focus on an infrastructure-based solution and exposes the learner to the broad base of cloud deployments and automation challenges. Learning objectives are met using deep-dive labs, expert to expert discussions, and experience-based knowledge sharing.
- Systems Engineers
- Technical Consultants
- Cloud Platforms Architects
- Network and Data Center Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 60% lecture, 40% hands on lab
Four (4) days of instructor-led classroom training
- A foundational knowledge of VCF
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7]
- VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V3.0] [V7]
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The VCF Livefire: Architecture & Automation course aims to prepare VMware customer-facing technical Consultants, Engineers, and Architects to successfully deliver complex end-to-end projects involving VMware Cloud Foundation. Course material is formatted to challenge the attendee to design and then deploy (using automation) a complex VCF platform, complete with the vRealize Suite, vSphere with Kubernetes, and connectivity with third-party cloud vendors via NSX-T Edge Clusters. We will also discuss integration with VMware Cloud Services such as Tanzu Mission Control, Tanzu Service Mesh, and the integration of equivalent vRealize Suite Cloud Services. Individuals will exit this course with the confidence necessary to successfully configure an integrated cloud infrastructure platform in a customer production environment.
By the end of the course you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand the structure of VCF and how to interface with the Cloudbuilder API
- Work with the customer to fully complete the Planning and Preparation Workbook
- Design and Deploy VCF Management Workload Domain with AVNs using automation tools
- Design and Deploy a Multi-Nic / Multi VDS Workload Domain using automation tools
- Design and Deploy NSX Edge Clusters to support multiple solutions (Kubernetes Workloads, VPN, Load Balancers, etc.) using automation tools
- Complete all pre-requisite configuration work for vRealize Suite deployment using automation tools where possible, then deploy suite
- Configure vRealize Automation using third party tools
- Design and implement a complex end to end monitoring and observability infrastructure utilizing vRealize Suite and Tanzu Observability
- Integrate VCF with VMware Cloud Services
- Integrate with vRealize Suite to create Day 2 Operations for SDDC Manager functions
The course will focus on the following areas:
- VCF Design Philosophy
- Leveraging automation to create reusable building blocks for faster deployment
- NSX-T Edge Clusters and Third-Party Clouds
- vSphere 7 with Kubernetes integration
- vRealize Suite Deployment
- Day 2 Operations
- VMware Cloud Services Integration