VCF Livefire: Architecture & Solution Automation with VMware Validated Solutions
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the VCF Livefire: Architecture & Automation course is developed to help technical audiences build confidence and hands on experience around VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware Cloud Services. This VCF Livefire course empowers technical professionals to focus on an infrastructure-based solution and exposes the learner to the broad base of cloud deployments and automation challenges. Learning objectives are met using deep-dive labs, expert to expert discussions, and experience-based knowledge sharing.
- Systems Engineers
- Technical Consultants
- Cloud Platforms Architects
- Network and Data Center Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 60% lecture, 40% workshops and labs
Four (4) days of instructor-led classroom training
- A foundational knowledge of VCF
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7]
- VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V3.0] [V7]
- Basic PowerShell and Terraform Knowledge
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The VCF Livefire: Architecture & Solution Automation with VMware Validated Solutions course aims to prepare VMware customer-facing consultants, field teams and partners to successfully design and deliver solutions focused infrastructures involving VMware Cloud Foundation and VMware Validated Solutions (VVS). Course material is formatted to challenge the attendee to design and then deploy (using automation) a complex VCF platform, complete with the vRealize Suite, vSphere with Tanzu integration, and Day X Operations. Individuals will exit this course with the confidence necessary to successfully configure an integrated cloud infrastructure platform in a customer production environment.
By the end of the course you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand the importance of the Planning and Preparation Workbook
- Automation of infrastructure deployment with the SDDC Manager API
- Understand VCF post deployment configuration challenges, and how to deliver a fully automated solution
- Design a secure VCF infrastructure and deploy the solution with automation
- Understand the complexities and available automation for VMware Validated Solutions
- Perform all pre-requisite and post-configuration work for VMware Validated Solutions implementations leveraging automation tools whenever possible
- Understand the challenges inherent in cross solution integrations
- Understand the importance of a flexible and enabling enterprise spanning Tag Architecture, and implement one
- Demonstrate Integration of Tanzu on vSphere with other Tanzu Cloud Services
- Embrace DevOps as a Philosophy and how it drives modern archtiectures
The course will focus on the following areas:
- Initial infrastructure deployment automation
- Initial post deployment configuration
- NSX-T Edge Cluster / AVN configuration automation
- Leveraging automation to create reusable building blocks for faster deployments in the future
- Integrated Authentication and Governance Automation
- Benefits of Tanzu on VCF
- Developer Ready Infrastructure Automation
- vRealize Suite Deployment and Configuration
- Cross-Solution Integrations
- Exploring Day X Operations opportunities
- Design concepts of an integrated monitoring and observability infrastructure utilizing VCF, VVS, and Tanzu offerings
- Where VCF fits into VMware’s “multi-cloud vision”
- Tag Architecture
- DevOps as a philosophy
- What’s new in the world of VCF, and what is on the horizon?