Modern Applications Livefire: Cloud Ops and Automation
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the Modern Applications Livefire: Cloud Ops and Automation course is created to help technical audiences build confidence and hands-on experience around VMware Cloud Services and the Tanzu Portfolio. This Modern Applications Livefire course empowers technical professionals to focus on infrastructure solutions and exposes an individual to the broad base of challenges one might face with integrations and preparing cloud infrastructure to host modern applications. Learning objectives are met using deep-dive labs, expert to expert discussions, and experience-based knowledge sharing.
- Systems Engineers
- Cloud Platforms Architects
- Network and Data Center Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 50% lecture, 50% hands on lab
Four (4) days of instructor-led classroom training
- Containers and Kubernetes fundamentals: https://kube.academy/
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7]
- VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V3.0] [V7]
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The Modern Applications Livefire: Cloud Ops and Automation class is aimed at preparing VMware customer-facing technical Consultants, Engineers, and Architects to successfully execute complex end-to-end projects involving VMware Cloud Automation Services, Tanzu Kubernetes Grid, and the VMware Tanzu portfolio of products and services. Course material is designed to challenge the attendee to configure a fully integrated platform for managing modern containerized workloads and services, and also explore common use cases and configuration practices. In addition to learning how to leverage the Tanzu portfolio, attendees will also learn how to build integrations with VMware Cloud Services such as Cloud Assembly and CodeStream, as well as third party services. Individuals will exit this course with the confidence necessary to successfully configure an integrated cloud native infrastructure platform across multiple clouds in a customer production environment.
By the end of the course you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Design and implement Tanzu Mission Control infrastructure and integrate it with multiple clouds
- Integrate Kubernetes Clusters into multiple Tanzu and Cloud Services solutions
- Incorporate best practices in customer implementations and understand the reasoning behind them
- Articulate the operations and integration of vSphere 7 with Kubernetes, and VMware Tanzu products and services into a moderately complex infrastructure.
- Design and implement a complex end to end monitoring and observability infrastructure
- Design and implement a Service Mesh across multiple clouds, and deploy and integrate a micro-service application
- Discuss, design, and deliver successful Proofs-of-Concept, leading to more in-depth design discussions and production implementations.
The course will focus on the following areas:
- Modern Application Observability and Analytics
- Managing a Multi-Cloud / Multi-Cluster Infrastructure
- vSphere 7 with Kubernetes integration
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Multi-Cloud Integration
- Creating a Multi-Cloud Service Mesh
- Integrating Cloud Assembly, Service Broker and CodeStream with the Multi-Cloud and third-party tooling
- Multi-Cloud Management and Operations