Virtual Cloud Networking Livefire
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the Virtual Cloud Networking Livefire course is one part of a broader offering developed specifically to assist VMware partners in building a Professional Services practice based on NSX solutions. The course is intended to equip attendees with the knowledge and skills necessary to design and deliver complex networking solutions based on the VCN ecosystem. Following a use case centric approach, students are tasked with implementing solutions according to a detailed architecture based on customer business requirements. This VCN Livefire course accelerates partner readiness by increasing confidence and competence through architectural overviews, design workshops, and hands-on exercises for:
- VCN ecosystem and features
- Use case Analysis and Implementation
- Troubleshooting and Operations
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Network Virtualization Consultants
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 50% lecture, 50% Hands on Lab
- Hands-on experience with NSX-T
- VCP-NV 2021 or 2022 OR
- VMware NSX-T: Install, Configure, Manage Class
- A full-size laptop, microphone and optional webcam
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The Virtual Cloud Networking Livefire course aims to prepare VMware partners to successfully implement complex end-to-end projects involving solutions from the VCN ecosystem. Course material builds on the fundamental knowledge acquired from NSX-T hands-on experience and shifts the focus to use cases analysis and integration practices. In addition to successfully integrating VCN solutions, attendees will also explore the theory and reasoning behind the recommended configurations and settings for specific use cases. Individuals will exit this course with the confidence and competence necessary to successfully integrate solutions from the VCN ecosystem in a customer production environment.
By the end of the course, you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Understand and present the value proposition and top use-cases of the VCN ecosystem.
- Analyze security hazards and implement NSX Advanced Threat Prevention features to get deep visibility into the workload, mitigate risks, and ensure compliance.
- Architect and implement NSX Advanced Load Balancer solution, integrated with multiple clouds, supporting various workload types, and assuring continuous application delivery.
- Design and deploys NSX Federation to provide a consistent logical networking and security and resilient virtual infrastructure across multiple sites.
- Comprehend and adopt Kubernetes modern apps platforms networking and security, delivered by Container Networking with Antrea, NSX Advanced Loadbalancer, and Tanzu Service Mesh.
- Converse fluently with cloud and application architects about VCN solution design and implementation.
- Discuss, design, and deliver successful Proofs-of-Concept, leading to more in-depth design discussions and production implementations.
The course will focus on the following areas:
- VCN Portfolio and Positioning
- Advanced NSX Security Features
- NSX Advanced Load Balancer
- NSX Multisite and Federation
- Kubernetes Networking Fundamentals
- NSX Container Networking Solutions
- Tanzu Service Mesh