Modern Applications Livefire: Cloud Native Developer
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware Livefire Solutions Team, the Modern Applications Livefire: Cloud Native Developer course is created to help technical audiences build confidence and hands-on experience around VMware Modern Application products and Services, including the Tanzu portfolio. This Livefire course empowers technical professionals to focus on an Application/Platform Developer solution and exposes the learner to Modern application design concepts. Learning objectives are met using deep-dive labs, expert to expert discussions, and experience-based knowledge sharing.
- Cloud Native Platform Architects
- Network and Data Center Architects
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 30% lecture, 70% hands on lab
Four (4) days of instructor-led classroom training
- Containers and Kubernetes fundamentals: https://kube.academy/
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7]
This course is being offered by invitation only to VMware SI/SO, MSC and Ignite partners, along with internal customer-facing employees. Roadmap topics may be discussed; therefore, a signed NDA is required.
- Bring a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The Modern Applications Livefire: Cloud Native Developer course helps VMware customer-facing technical Consultants, Engineers, and Architects to successfully utilize a new way of building their applications. VMware leverages Kubernetes to enable the developer community through a new self-service model and flexible list of “better-together” integrated solutions. The class covers VMware’s Tanzu Portfolio from a developer’s point of view. The course’s focus is on successfully growing a modern way of building your applications, particularly on making your applications future-ready. Additionally, attendees will learn how to build integrations between the Build-Run-Manage pillars within the Tanzu portfolio, such as Tanzu Build Service (TBS), Tanzu Application Catalog (TAC), Tanzu Application Service (TAS), Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG), and Tanzu Observability (TO).
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explore the Tanzu Editions, and how they apply to Modern Apps.
- Gain insight into how VMware enterprise-ready Kubernetes-based build solutions, such as Tanzu Build Service, Tanzu Application Catalog, and Tanzu Kubernetes Grid runtime, can be used together to make your applications future-ready.
- Explore, compare, and adapt your application development using modern tools, methods, and processes.
The course will focus on the following areas:
- Introduction to new developer tools
- Deploying a simple application
- Modifying and deploying the application
- More complex modifications and deployments
- Working with Tanzu Build Service
- Exploring application build with Tanzu Build Service
- Implementation, and usage of Harbor, an integrated container registry
- Deploying a modern application
- Modifying configuration, and redeploying the application
- Modifying code, or the stack, and redeploying the application
- Integration of Tanzu Application Catalog
- Initiating data persistence, and redeploying the application
- Other modifications, and deployments with Tanzu Application Service
- Integration of Tanzu Observability for monitoring with Wavefront, Prometheus, and Grafana