Intrinsic Security Livefire: A New Approach on Protecting the Enterprise
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware WWRACE Livefire team, this session concentrates on VMware security solutions and the Intrinsic Security strategy applies security by design, not added on as an afterthought. We focus on securing access to corporate data securely and applying security at the virtualization layer, keeping security close to the assets themselves, capable of protecting against the full gamut of attacks and potential security compromises. We explore the portfolio of VMware products and the contribution it could make to an organization’s adoption of Intrinsic Security.
- Systems Engineers
- Consulting Architects
- Professional Services Engineers
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 45% lecture, 55 % hands on lab
VMware courses in NSX, Workpace ONE UEM, Workspace ONE Access, vSphere and VMware Horizon.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- We will be using a Windows 10 virtual device for testing.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
Intrinsic Security focuses on security “baked into” core infrastructure, enhancing security posture, compliance and protecting sensitive assets. Core to this is securing of an organization’s data and workloads. In this course, learn to adopt an intrinsic security approach to enhance agility and innovation while safeguarding assets and simplifying administration.
- Network and infrastructure – VMware solutions enable you to protect apps and data across multi-cloud environments by employing network security policies informed by contextual app and workload information. We will learn how these solutions control network traffic through segmentation, help ensure more secure network access and inspect network traffic for anomalous behavior.
- Cloud and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) environments – With VMware solutions, you can harden public cloud configurations, strengthening security and compliance with real-time detection and response capabilities for multiple public cloud providers.
- Workloads and apps – VMware technology allows you to wrap security as closely as possible to each of your apps and workloads, helping to ensure that each is doing only what it should be doing. You can define good behavior: how an app is supposed to interact with the processor, memory, storage, data and network. Then you can automate actions based on behavioral anomalies.
Endpoints, devices and users – Hardening the posture of devices and factor in the authenticity level of the users connecting to them. As a result, you protect your remote workforce against cyber attacks while leveraging the resources you already have.
Livefire enablement takes a solutions-focused approach at VMware. We accomplish this by sharing the “unvarnished truth” on products, their integrations and real world use cases to solve business challenges. We build upon product and industry knowledge to provide a rich learner experience with labs, workshops and technical discussion. Those attending will have a better understanding of the security capabilities of our VMware product solution stack and how security, intrinsically, is far more secure than bolting on security measures.
In this session, Attendees will configure and implement a portfolio of VMware products to secure their organization’s data and workload, leveraging the following:
- VMware Carbon Black
- VMware Secure State
- VMware NSX-T
- Workspace ONE
- AVI NSX Advanced Load Balancer
- Antrea Kubernetes CNI