Intrinsic Security Livefire: A New Approach on Protecting the Enterprise
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
Delivered by the VMware WWRACE Livefire team, this session concentrates on VMware security solutions and the Intrinsic Security strategy applies security by design, not added on as an afterthought. We focus on securing access to corporate data securely and applying security at the virtualization layer, keeping security close to the assets themselves, capable of protecting against the full gamut of attacks and potential security compromises. We explore the portfolio of VMware products and the contribution it could make to an organization’s adoption of Intrinsic Security.
- Systems Engineers
- Consulting Architects
- Professional Services Engineers
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- 45% lecture, 55 % hands on lab
VMware courses in NSX, Workpace ONE UEM, Workspace ONE Access, vSphere and VMware Horizon.
- Have a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- We will be using a Windows 10 virtual device for testing.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
Rather than security being an afterthought to IT services, VMware’s intrinsic security strategy is built-in, unified, and context-centric. Security teams need to manage remote security and provide real-time prevention against individual threat actors and even nation-state attacks. This course will look at how this strategy is applied to endpoints, networks, and workloads whether in the cloud or on-premises. The threat landscape is changing dramatically, and organizations must be equipped to effectively protect the company’s assets.
By the end of the course, you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Inspect how WorkspaceONE and CarbonBlack protect your remote workforce against cyber attacks by hardening the posture of devices while proactively detecting and responding to threats.
- Architect NSX and Secure Access Service Edge to protect apps and data across multi-cloud environments by employing network security policies informed by contextual app and workload information. Control network traffic through segmentation, help ensure more secure network access and inspect network traffic for anomalous behavior.
- Explain how Secure State can secure public cloud, strengthening security and compliance with real-time detection and response capabilities for multiple public cloud providers.
- Evaluate how Tanzu integrates security to each of your apps and workloads, helping to ensure that security is a first-class citizen. Explore good application behavior.
Analyze metrics across EUC and NSX to detect anamolies and take corrective action autonomously. Understand how you can preempt lateral movement by implementing impoved security and network rules.
In this session, attendees will configure and implement a portfolio of VMware products to secure their organization’s data and workloads, leveraging the following:
- VMware Carbon Black
- VMware Secure State
- VMware NSX-T
- Workspace ONE
- SD-WAN & Secure Access Service Edge (SASE)
- AVI NSX Advanced Load Balancer
- Tanzu Application Platform (TAP)
- Tanzu Kubernetes Grid (TKG)