Cloud Native Livefire: Run Modern Applications
Livefire Solutions, Global Strategic Programs
- Cloud Platforms Architects
- Network and Data Center Architects
- DevOps Engineers
- Instructor-led, classroom-based
- On site, face-to-face
- 50% lecture, 50% hands on lab
- Containers and Kubernetes fundamentals: https://kube.academy/
- VMware vSphere with Kubernetes: Deploy and Manage [V7]
- VMware NSX-T Data Center: Install, Configure, Manage [V3.0] [V7]
- Bring a full-size laptop.
- Secondary device is recommended for reading and lab materials, which are only delivered electronically.
- Please ensure you have the US Keyboard mapping added to your devices.
The Cloud Native Livefire: Run Modern Applications class is aimed at preparing VMware partners to successfully execute complex end-to-end projects involving vSphere 7 with Kubernetes and VMware Tanzu portfolio of products and services. Course material is designed to challenge the attendee to deploy and configure a fully integrated platform for managing containerized workloads and services, and also explore common use cases and deployment practices. In addition to learning how to build, run, and manage modern applications platforms, attendees will also explore the theory and reasoning behind the recommended configurations and settings for specific use cases and integrations. Individuals will exit this course with the confidence necessary to successfully deploy cloud native infrastructure platforms and solutions in a customer production environment.
By the end of the course you will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Design and implement modern infrastructure platforms on vSphere 7 with Kubernetes
- Deploy, integrate & manage Kubernetes Clusters by leveraging the VMware Tanzu portfolio of product and services
- Incorporate best practices in customer implementations and understand the reasoning behind them
- Articulate the architecture, operations, implementation, and integration of vSphere 7 with Kubernetes and VMware Tanzu products and services into a moderately complex infrastructure.
- Converse fluently with application architects and understand the underlying infrastructures required to support cloud native applications.
- Discuss, design, and deliver successful Proofs-of-Concept, leading to more in-depth design discussions and production implementations.
The course will focus on the following areas:
- VMware Tanzu Portfolio, Offerings and Positioning
- vSphere 7 with Kubernetes Architecture, Components and Concepts
- Network and Security for vSphere 7 with Kubernetes by NSX-T
- VMware Cloud Native Storage
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid
- VMware Tanzu Kubernetes Grid Extensions